Monday, January 10, 2011

Day 9: Brains and 'Taters

First and foremost, if you know what this pic is of, then you are either a loser or a bad ass mo'fo'!!

365 days and 365 photos....could be a bit repetitive in subject matter I've been thinking. I'll keep it up, of course, but I am sort of wanting to actively get out and find stuff to shoot. Things that are a bit more iconic or artistic.

Sure, I want the stuff to revolve around my life and day, but also I'd like to turn it into an artistic hobby.

Art...it's something I've never been good at. With the exception of writing, I've never been artistic at all, at least on a level that makes me happy to create it. I've done things out of a need for expression but have not been overly happy with the results.

I have friends that can draw wonderfully. Several other friends have a mind for beautiful poetry. I have a friend I've never met face-to-face, but I read her blogs and melt at how she is able to put words to paper. I can put words to voice, but fail (I feel) at putting it to paper.

In a way, this project is as much an exercise at practicing writing as it is photography.

My art form would be conversation, and I suppose there is a subtle art to it. I can feel people out and rope them in, quite often as a matter of fact. In fact, it's unusual for me not to be able to manipulate a conversation to be something that people will love.

Ah well....I feel like I'm rambling. I'll see y'all next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment