Monday, January 3, 2011

Day 1: "Marked for Death"...


6am on New Year's Day, I pull into the driveway to find stuck in the sole, lonely snow pile in our yard....a hubcap.

Already a bit delirious from the night's and early morning's revelry, I stopped for a moment before pulling forward and parking my car. In that moment I wondered if our house had been marked for a drive-by. I even looked up at the front of the house to see if it had been riddled with bullets.

Feeling relatively safe after not seeing any carnage or horror, I pulled the car up, parked it and got out. Walking up the steps to the porch, I laughed to myself and how silly I felt.

"Time to take my dumb ass to bed" I thought. And promptly, just like that, I got myself into warm sheets to sleep off the effects of little sleep and a fair amount of alcohol. Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment