Saturday, April 2, 2011

Day 92: Why did Jesus weep?

Jesus wept because he had an Andy's Extra Special Wet Edition Chunk Frappe, courtesy of the Jackson Coffee Co. This particular Chunky Frappe was concocted at the masterful hands of Laura; who is as delicious as the creations she serves to me.

Frequently, I don't even have to tell them what I want. Not just Laura, but all of the wonderful peeps in there know that I'm a Chunky Frappe addict. Furthermore, they're aware that I never order anything specific. Well, aside from saying don't use this or that (basically any kind of mint or Ghiradelli chocolate bars), I let them have free rein with the drink. Which is really cool, because it's always different. The only real parameter I give them is that I "want to weep" when I taste it.

Nom, nom, nom...I could kill for one right now. Now that I think about it, I hate seeing "nom, nom, nom" written out. Not sure why, it just does.

Often, at restaurants, I do a similar thing to the waitress (or waiter). Instead of ordering a dish straight out, I give them several options and ask that they surprise me. Same thing with sauces on chicken wings. Just bring it to me...as long as it isn't buffalo spit. That shit isn't even funny.

Not that I'm trying to be an asshole, but sometimes I just can't decide. I have a taste for several different things. And if I choose one dish, I will inevitably be ticked that I didn't select the other dish. The decision being taken out of my hands not only removes the possibility of me being angry (with myself), it also adds an interesting element of surprise. It also has the effect of bothering the server, because they're very nervous about selecting the wrong thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment