Saturday, October 15, 2011

Day 277: Pretty Lights....

Kinda pretty, isn't it?

Not that I've ever been a smoker, mind you, but I enjoy carrying around a lighter. Any ole' lighter isn't good enough, I need a decent beast. Enter the zippo.

Started years ago when I thought they were just visually cool. Some bad-ass mofo would whip one out, snap it open, and almost instantly a tiny, windproof flame would create a minute beacon of light.

Years later, I'd carry one around myself, the bronze being my favorite of the two (and the oldest at a whopping 14 years). Remember, I don't smoke, but it did come in handy when a cute girl (who did smoke) needed a light. Got me a few numbers (though I secretly hoped she'd quit smoking at some point). Even was able to help out a few friends and start a few bonfires with them.

And no, they were not very good at sparking a bong.

No comments:

Post a Comment