Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day 55: Star of the Sea's Backside

Overcast skies make for a dim photo, especially from a distance. I wish I had a much better camera with a super-duper zoom lens to get even closer, to one of the towers perhaps. The sky probably would have made the shot dim anyway :/

Something I tell myself is that if I can keep up with the project long enough - six months or the whole year - I'll pick myself out a new camera. Something more capable and able to capture some incredible images, but also nothing too high end.

Since I'm just a piddly amateur with a mild - more than mild - interest in photography, anything more than an entry level DSLR would be overkill and a waste. I've got my eye on Canon Rebel's, but I'll keep looking around. Might be a good idea to check out a few books from the library; books on photography and so on. Perhaps even look into taking a class that will keep me task oriented and consistently learning the art.

The next year will become another project of 52 weeks. With a photo a week, and some focus behind the shot. I'd like to do that now, but I don't have the time or equipment to really expand my focus/development.

1 comment:

  1. Take a look at the Canon 7D - amazing camera... though I believe it is more expensive than the Rebel which is also a good camera.

    ReplyDelete