Thursday, November 3, 2011

Day 302: Best Costume of the Night?

Now, I ain't a gay man, not that there is anything wrong with being gay (my non-hetero brethren), but I had to pass on all the hot little numbers Saturday night in choosing this most awesome specimen as the numero uno costume of the night. And if you really need to ask, to which I'm referring, then slap yourself. Superman/Clark Kent is the shit, don't get me wrong, but I have to give it to the Green Army Man. He even had a platform on which to stand. Coolest shit of the night indeed.

Number two 'stume would easily go to the lil' Mermaid get up worn by a saucy minx, who just so happens to be a very dear friend. Other honorably mentions would be the purple crayon of my friend Did, the non-traditional street Leprechaun put together by Rob, and the awesome pirate that was Cap'n Billy Buffcock, complete with a parrot on yon' shoulder.

Is there anything wrong with still dressing up for the Halloween? As far as the history goes, I should hate it for what it has become, but I still find it fun. Not that either of the two costumes above are even close to scary, but should that matter? It's not like it's Christmas, which has become a shameful example of commercialization at it's worst (I knew it became a problem when non-Christians began celebrating Christmas).

Thoughts? Is Halloween just a day for people to dress like fools, women like sluts, and kids shamelessly act like leeches, but all with an excuse?

No comments:

Post a Comment