Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Day 138: He's Our Hero!

Now, I understand the importance of "going green." I really do. Doing anything we can to help out Mother Nature and reduce our carbon foot prints on the planet is not only necessary, but it's becoming fashionable. Everywhere you look you see people sporting some form of fashion either made organically or locally - which is good - and driving less and using foot power, or even utilizing mass transit to get 'round town.

Don't get me wrong, this is all a great start, but it does have a tendency to bother me that eco - friendly movements have been around for some time, but only now that it's making headlines are people becoming apt to listen.

Visit a city like Detroit and visibly see the pollution. Watch a NYC traffic jam and take a guess at home much gas is being burnt as the cars idle. Make a note of how many lights are on in the average office building whether or not the rooms/building are/is in use.

Okay.....this started to turn into a political/sociocultural blog entry, which wasn't my goal so I'll cut it off there.

Really, my original intent was to make fun of Cap'n Planet flag waving ass hats. Check that...."Captain" Planet. Cap'n makes me think pirate, which is far cooler than Captain Planet will ever be. Jus' Sayin'...

No comments:

Post a Comment