Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Day 151: The Storm Rages On...

but not so much in Jackson. Battle Creek was hit pretty hard, as I've learned through a friend's photos from her blog. Now, I'm not one to read as many newspapers as I should nor do I often sit to watch the news on the "tube," but I feel a bit ashamed that I didn't hear more about this sooner.

I don't think this is anywhere near the level of Joplin, but it still is a sad thing. More so considering the oil spill that happened last year in Battle Creek. In both situations, oil spill and recent tornado, were both eclipsed by a little spill in the Gulf (thanks BP) and by (more recently) the 'nados that ripped through Joplin, Missouri.

Media spin is interesting. What decides to make the cut and what doesn't is interesting. In recent weeks, there has been much buzz about Ah-nold's infidelity, of which I'm aware because I regularly peruse IMDB for movie updates and news. There's always plenty of political news to go through, which slays me. Plenty of drama to read, but what to trust and/or give all my focus? Were I to focus on every story that came my way, I doubt I'd have any time available for anything else.

On a final thought: I hate, I hate, I HATE reading a story that seems like a reflective and informative story only to reach the end and find some line point fingers at a political figure. The minute I know a person is taking a side in their article I lose faith in the writer. Not that the person can't possess their own opinion, but damn.

Opinions are like assholes. Everyone's got one, but not everyone needs to see or hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment