Monday, February 6, 2012

Day 26: It's Not Tooooo Bad

My intention here isn't really to point a parking job that, frankly, isn't that bad. My point is really to ramble on for a minute about parking in general. Specifically that of automobiles; not that bad parking jobs is exclusive to cars.

The white Buick above is only slightly off, not a bad a job at all. What really makes my mind tick is thinking of parking lines. Parking lines really make it fool proof. After a few years out of training, those lines should invoke about as much fear as a half eaten Peep leftover from a child's Easter basked (assuming the kid isn't Jewish.

Mentioning driver's training, I can remember how frighteningly huge and monstrous the orange cones looked. Like gigantic obelisks of fear, failure and certain doom. Hitting one or not isn't something I actually remember, though, and I digress so I'll move on.

What is it that makes parking so difficult to people? Sure, there are people that don't really even try to become good parkers. Some that don't just care. These are the ones that piss me off the most. It might visually bother me for a person to over and over attempt to fit a car into designated lines, but at least I can respect the desire to do it right. On the other hand, there are those useless shit turds that pull a car into spot cockeyed, get out and walk away. No second look or second attempts; not so much as care in the world that they may even be on the crosslines, potentially taking up more than one spot.

Would it shock you to hear that I've taken illegal stands against bad parkers? That perhaps, out of some sense of entitled retribution, I've inflicted damage upon someone's ride?


No comments:

Post a Comment